I am linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching for Five for Friday! (I started this post on Friday, but technically I think it's early Saturday morning that I'm finally posting it! It's been a long day!)
Here are five random things about my week.
1. We started our new "Super Improvers Wall" this week and the kiddos are loving it! It's part of whole brain teaching and I found this cute unit from Little Minds at Work on TPT. It's a great way to motivate students with academics and behavior using positive reinforcement.
2. We started our animal unit! We are preparing for our upcoming field trip to Lincoln Park Zoo - one of my favorite days in 2nd grade! Students are going to choose an animal to research. After our research, they will create a mystery animal box. Be on the lookout for that post in a few weeks!
3. We also started our measurement unit this week. This week we learned about inches, feet, and yards. My students love Brainpop Jr. and they have a great short video on measuring with inches, feet, and yards. We also brainstormed what things are about an inch, foot, or a yard. I found a lot of great ideas for this unit from Step Into Second Grade. This week we created a flipbook from her measurement unit.
4. We also finished our unit on Jan Brett. As a class, we wrote a letter to a favorite character from one of her books that we read. Then students wrote their own letter to Jan Brett. They had some great questions for her! Hopefully we will get some responses!
5. First week of April means "Opening Day". . . . Baseball Season is here!! I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan and can't wait to watch them play this year! Since we live in the Chicago area (and my husband is a Cubs fan), we usually go see them play at Wrigley Field or Miller Park. Can't wait!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!